The Prague Castle was erected in 9th century, as a seat of Přemyslovci. Up to 14th century it was expressively extended. Some palaces of Knights and Kings increased, the palaces of Bishops and other church-buildings increased, all was protected by big fortification.
In 1344 the Emperor and King Charles IV. put the ground-stone to the Cathedral of St.Vitus and invited to its construction the architect Mathias of Arras. The Cathedrale was finished in 1929. After a damage during the Hussite Wars arose the Castle to great fame during the rule of Vladislav Jagellonský. He let built the Great Vladislav Hall (before 1493) which was the first construction with Renaissance elements in Bohemia.
Today, the historic objects are in care of President´s Office.
|Discussion at the article (0)|
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.