en.infoglobe.cz » Places of interest
Places of interest
The town of Hluboká nad Vltavou (4500 inhabitants) is situated north of České Budějovice on left bank of Vltava river. It was founded in the middle of 13th century by Přemysl Otakar II. Originally community, named Podhrad, was in 1496 raised to small town.
In Region of Hradec Králové, not far of Giant Mountains, is situated the district town of Trutnov. The town is placed on Úpa-river and has 32000 inhabitants.
The town of Terezín is situated 60 kms in northern direction from Prague, not far from confluence of Elbe river with Ohře. In 1782 the town was declared ( by Emperor´s patent) as a free King´s town. Fortress of Terezín was established in 1780 by Emperor Joseph II.
Two seats – Horní and Dolní Litvínov – made the base for establishment of today´s town with 30000 inhabitants. The first notice comes of 1352. The original name of Lutwinov was substituted with German name of Leutensdorf.
As memorable trees are declared the trees by localy belonging authorities, in accordance with the Act. No.114/1992 regarding Countryside and Nature Protection. It is in charge of local Section of Life Environment (due Local Municipal Office or Town Office of statutory towns).
The avalanche is the worst bugbear of skiers and mountain lovers. This concerns especially freeridists, so these persons who have an adventure character and the descend routes are not sufficient for them.
The town of Turnov is situated in Jičín-highland on Jizera-river. The town belongs to one of most important railway junctions of Liberec region. Its nickame is „Heart of Bohemian Paradise“. In the surroundings it is to be found so called red garnet classifying with our national treasuries. The manufacturing of jewels of this stone made the town of Turnov famous all round the world.
The town of Kopřivnice is situated on place of original important way, which connected and secured the trade between Baltic and Mediterranean Seas. Within 1280-1290 thare was built a castle of Schauenstein, and at that time a community of Kopřivnice was founded. The rests of this castle are visible in southwestern direction of a town.
ACROSS ZLATÉ NÁVRŠÍ (GOLDEN HILL) OF EASTERN GIANT MOUNTAINS The first snow of this year drew the tourists as well as ski-runners to the moutains, many ski-running traces are driven! Zlaté návrší over Vrbata Cottage (Vrbatova bouda) in the eastern part of Giant Mountains is well-known to sportsmen. Hardly anybody knows that in Giant Mountains is something doubled.
The town of Mariánské Lázně is situated 25 kms in southeast direction of Cheb and 15 kms of German border. You find there at least 40 mineral springs, in the surroundings there are minimum 100 of such springs. Mariánské Lázně is the youngest of a „triangle“ of well-known West-Bohemian spas.
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.