en.infoglobe.cz » Travelling


Travelling by plain

Except international airports in Guatemala City and Santa Elena/Flores, there are available also the airports in Coatepeque, Coban, Huehueteang, Playa Grande, Puberto Barriso, Quetzaltenang, Quiche, Retalhulea and Rio Dulce. For all inland flights, special airport tax is to be paid for, amounting to USD 0,65.

Travelling by bus

Most of buses which are circulating in Guatemala, are presented with re-newed American buses or Canadian school buses, taken off the line. On more frequented routes (mainly among bigger towns) more luxurious, special buses are going. Some of them are equipped with TV sets and toilets, and even some foods for refreshment are being served there.

Travelling by car

On order to rent a car, you are obliged to present your international driving licence and credit card. Attention: in Guatemala, it does not exist absolute precedence of pedestrians, so you would pay attention when crossing the road. In general, the roads in Guatemala are not in good state, and  finger-posts are often missing there. The car could be rented (leased) for daily tax amounting to USD 50 - 75 plus petrol.

Travelling by bicycle

In Guatemala, the cycling starts to be very popular. You can make an excursion in organized groups or to go alone. The bicycle rent-offices are to be found in Antigua, Flores, Panajachel or Quetzaltenang.

Necessary Documents

Travelling to Guatemala, you need a passport, the validity of which would exceed six months before you leave the country. When entering with motor vehicle, the international driving licence is required, moreover, the certificate, regarding technical state of the car, and, when travelling with leased vehicle, you need to present the respective confirmation regarding leasing and confirmation, or letter from the respective agency.

The citizens of European Union are entitled to enter the territory of Guatemala without visa, provided their stay does not exceed 90 days, if they are not seeking the job there. Nevertheless, when the citizens do not maintain such agreement, they have to take into consideration, that violation will be punished in the respective legal way.

If you have the intention to stay in Guatemala for more than 90 days, or you are looking for some employment, you are obliged to obtain the respective permit and entry visa at Guatemala Embassy in Europe (in Vienna).

When entering the territory of Guatemala, you have to buy so called „Tourist Card“, amounting to USD 10, available at the capital international airport, and at road cross-border points. So called „Announcing duty“ does not exist in Guatemala.




We were awarded the certificate even thanks to you!

Dôveryhodná firma 2017


Important Information:

Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.

Mobile application:

aplikácia Infoglobe

stiahnuť zadarmo pre Androidstiahnuť zadarmo pre iPhone



Today:monday 5. 12. 2022

TIP: INFOGLOBE app is available for your device, download HERE.


TIP: INFOGLOBE app is available for your device, download HERE.