Nerby the river: Vltava
Bertramka is manor estate, located in Prague-Smíchov. It was built at the end of 17th century from quarry-granite and got the name according to Frank of Bertram, third owner. He obtained it in auction in 1743. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was his guest here within 1787 and 1791. Famous composer finished here opera Don Giovanni, before its Prague opening performance. Main visible features are pushed in front of two-armed stages and loggias. Short south frontal part of the building is open to space of garden. Just opposite, there is to be placed a barn with three-storey granary (it served for corn storage). Whole building undergone complete reconstruction in 1956 (on ocassion of 200th anniversary of Mozart´s birth). This manor estate is preserved as monument since 1964.
Text: Tomáš Richter, Pavla Voborníková
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.