Drahotuše castle - Czech republic
Drahotuše Castle was constructed by Bohus of Drahotuše in 13th century, this could be done probably in 1269. After 1476, the castle was in possession of Pernstein Parentage. However, they were not stayed here, and the castle started to became deserted. At present, there is insignificant ruin only. The castle is to be found in a forest, near to the community of Podhoří, at the edge of Oderské Hill Range. On access way, below the castle, there is preserved rare stone bridge across a brook. From the whole castle, there were preserved ditches, mounds, rests of walling, and you can find here also preserved ground-floor palaces. They are also to be found here flighty walls from a tower, which was probably destroyed by some explosion. The castle is divided from mounting range by deep ditch, carved in a rock.
This interesting castle could be reached from the community of Pohoří, following blue marked tourist trail, it it one kilometre of walk approx.
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.