Kralupy nad Vltavou
In 1881 this community became a small town and the town´s sign was confirmed. Kralupy nad Vltavou - as a town - was established in 1902, when the neighbouring community of Lobeč was joined to Kralupy. This villaged was in possession of Knights of the Cross Order. It suffered from foodings many times, only with development of river-traffic Vltava river was embanked in 1894. With construction of railway-line there were founded manufacturing companies and factories (sugar factories, brewery, chemical factory, etc.). In 1912 there was established District Court and in 1913 also Executive District Office. Kralupy became district-centre with 6000 inhabitants. In 1919 the neighbouring community of Lobeček was joined, in 1923 the other community of Mikovice.
Church of St.Jakob in Minice is probably the oldest chruch-monument of 1352. There were made several reconstructions, it present face is Neo-Renaissance. Nerby we can see the oldest statue of St.John of Nepomuk. In town, we can find a museum, open for public in 1928, cultural and social centre and further sports centres for free time activities. Now, Kralupy nad Vltavou is the centre of chemical and petrochemical industry (cauoutchouc, production of plastic materials), wooden-working and food industry.
In 2002 town was suffered from flooding, Kralupy was one of most damaged towns of Czech Republic.
|Discussion at the article (0)|
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.