First written notice comes from 1265. Chotěboř is a mining small town, the silver was mined here and uranium ore also, just recently. In 1278, the community was raised to a town and in 1331, thanks to Jan Lucemburský, to a King´s Town. In 1350 the town obtained a sign with an escutcheon of Region of Bohemian Crown, and afterthat the allowance to build fortifications. Several owners changed the possession of the town, so it was, for instance,
Trčka of Lípa Parentage, Jaroslav Sezim of Rýzmberg and other. In 1701-1702 the Count of Kinský let built – on place of former stronghold – a Baroque castle, however, several owners changed also here.
In Chotěboř – there is a factory foodstuffs machinery and industrial robots. Machinery prevails over originally wood-working and textile industry.
As to historical monuments: there is first of all just mentioned early Baroque castle with English park in protected valley of Doubrava river. Church of St.Jacob, chaple of Raising of St.Cross, and St.Anne. The castel is now of the ownership of Mr. Jan Joseph Dobrzenský, descendand of former owners. In a castle has also the seat a Town´s museum, which belongs to oldest in East Bohemia.
Text: Markéta Řandová
|Discussion at the article (0)|
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.