Bystřice pod Hostýnem
First written notice about this town comes of 8th January 1368. At that time, the place was not named „pod Hostýnem“ (below Hostýn Hill). The area around Bystřice was always of Czech character. In 1900, there lived only three Jewish families here, and some German families came together with Thonet family. This family expressively enlarged for introduction of railway line connection to Bystřice. The railway line was open in November 1882. Michael Thonet let to built here a furniture factory (from bent wood) in 1861, the greatest of its kind in the area. Production progress was especially in a fact that veneers were cooked in a glue, and after pulling out from the bath, they were bent, according to the form, prepared in advance, where they reminded untill they became dry. The chairs are produced in its top quality untill now.
The castle in Bystřice pod Hostýnem was constructed, according to preserved documents, in first half of 15th century by Tvorkov Parentage. The chateau is decorated with paintings of Jan Sviták and Hanus Schwaiger. To the castle belongs a park, it was one of most beautiful in Moravia at that time, however, it was cancelled in 1935. At present, Czech Army is the owner of this park, so it is not accessible for public. In front buildings, there are placed offices of Town´s administration, and a part of the castle is open for visitors.
Surrounding areas are very favourable for tourist activities. In winter, local winter centres Tesák and Troják, serve sporting festivities. The lovers of minigolf, table-tennis, squash, lawn-tennis or volleyball find their favourite sports grounds, no doubt.
Text: Miroslava Nováčková
|Discussion at the article (0)|
CZ, Bystrice pod Hostynem – Town of Bended Furniture
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.
|Today:||wednesday 31. 5. 2023|