River Červený potok (Red creek) - Czech republic
|Basic information about river|
In 1322 the community of Hořovice became a town. In 16th century was Hořovice divided in town and a village Velká Víska. Its connection was effected in 1919. At the end of 15th century the stronghold was re-built into Gothic castle, this was burned down in the middle of 17th century and consequently reconstructed in Baroque style. At the beginning of 18th century ther was built a new castle and the older one became a seat of officers. The owners of a castle were famous Žerotín Family, Říčanští Family and since 1390 also King Wenzeslaus IV.
The town´s escutcheon forms a half of Žerotín-eagle and three beams – silver, blue and silver(the colours of Luxemburgs). Today, the castle is in an ownership of state. The founder-document of a town and other written documents did not preserved, however, they were probably destroyed during the big fire in 1540. A long-years´lasting tradition has in Hořovice the metal-working and the production of nails and tacks.
You find several interesting monuments in a town. On t Palackého square it is former Franziscan Monastery, Loreta, Blessed Virgin Column, the Church of Holy Trinity, Town Hall building, synagogue, Column of Condemneds´ former Teachers´ institute, Farská gate, fountain with a statue of Sacrifieced , St.George Church, St. Rochus Statue, St.John Nepomuk Statue, and a castle, of course.
Text: Markéta Řandová