Boards under ski-binding
The support height is to be chosen according a type or use of skies. The more ski is cut out, and the more narrow ski-centre is, so the higher board would be. The thicker board has the ski for funcarving, minimum is 6 cm. However, assembled standard board is often unsufficient for radical skiers, so they add further boards, or use special supports. Sole-height above snow could reach 10 cm in this case. Race-ski has stated its dimension (height) according FIS Norm - 55 mm.
It enables ski-movement below binding.
- Board enables to keep characteristic and construction quality of ski. It also muffles vibrations and shocks, by this movement the ski is more quiet.
- Binding is assembled in two-parts support, and whole complex is fixed to a ski in movable way (mostly by means of oval holes), in order to the distance between binding´s point and heel can be changed, and so the ski-movement below binding could be enabled.
- Board could be made of two parts. So, it enables ski-movement and allows to draw near the binding to each other.
- The other type is a support in a form of swing, fixed on a ski in the middle only - in 15-20 cm length. At both ends, there is free space between ski and support, enabling free ski-movement.
- Strength to ski-edges is transferred better, under more suitable angle.
- Board proves, in the course of ski-movement, by means of elastomers, to take the energy, and return back quicker, in turn between arches (race use).
- Boards can be produced in various hardness and agresivity. They are divided into race and relax types. In case of supplementary assemblage of supports, you have to think over brake-length of bindings used. Provided ther required length is not reached, we have to prolong it. In case of funcarving, it is an advantage when support-height(altitude) is 1-2 cm higher below binding-heel. It helps partially, provided you have unsuitable boots-type, which do not enable kneeling.
The supports are special, drilled to concrete binding-type, and universal, not drilled - these can be fixed by any type.
Text: Pavel Faustus
|Discussion at the article (0)|
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.