CZ: Great Time at Svetla nad Sazavou Chateau
There are several routes on the chateau. Every visitor will enjoy this place and make a choice according to his wish. We offer great historical exhibitions taking place inside renovated Baroque, Renaissance, and Empire-style wings of the chateau:
- Historical Europan Glass Exhibition introduces precious glass collection from Arts, Architecture, and Design Museum in Prague.
- The second route shows precious historical clock, glass, figural china, bronze plastics from private collections.
- Children can enjoy modernized Kids Kingdom and the Na Sazave fairy-tale trail.
- Exit games are the main new feature in this season. Greek mythology themed games are great for entire families or groups of children aged 9-15.
Cultural Events Taking Place at the Chateau in the Summer 2017:
- The third annual Day of Baroque is an event inspired by Baroque era. On the first Saturday of July (7.1.) you will travel back in time and enjoy with your family or friends a day of fun, culture, and great food. Eventful program includes guided tours inside the chateau, or historic games in the chateau gardens. Guide wear historic costumes.
- Svet hracek a tvoreni (the World of Toys and Creation) is a traditional even for childre which takes place here on July 22. Radovanky Ferdy Mravence (Ferda Mravenec's Joys) is a co-event hosted by Lewron MP. The program is rich, there are attractions for children, and great snacks. A night tour of chateau take place at the end of the day. And a musical is performed in the chateau gardens.
- Sazavafest music festival takes place in the chateau park in the end of August. Visitors to the festivals can get discount on entrance to the chateau.
- Throught the season, several traditional night costumed parades take place here. On such nights, it is amazing to walk through nooks of the chateau. On such occassions, some attic and cellar rooms are opened. Same as in the last years, the chateau was part of such events like the Museum Night Festival, Chateau Night, and the Days of European Heritage.
- 4th annual Stromek Splennych Prani charity event takes place in end-November, beginning-December at the chateau.
An eventful program for children and grown-ups is part of every event.
- Café Ladurée is situated on the ground floor of southern wing of the chateau. You can sit in the beautiful interior of the cafe or on outside it. There is even a kid's corner.
- There are authentic chateau rooms offered at the chateau situated in the Renaissance-style wing. There you have an amazing view over the chateau park. The apartments have stumptous chateu style furnitre.
- Adjacent to the chateau, there is an English-style park which covers an area of 18 hectares. There is a cascade of ponds great for taking a walk and have a picnic in beautiful nature. Close to the chateau itself, there is an area where you can recreationaly ride a bicycle, and a children's playground which is about 50 meters from the castle.
We believe each and every visitor will enjoy this place.
Start to plan your summer trip. We are looking forward to meet you!
You can find more information here:
tel.: 569 333 558 nebo 778 075 588
Text: Helena Degerme
Photos: Světlá nad Sázavou chateau archive
|Discussion at the article (0)|
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.