In 1826, the monastery was in possession of Austrian Minister and Chancellor of Austrian Empire, Prince Metternich (he is buried here in a family tomb). Thanks to Prince´s presence, Plasy started to be developped, there were even founded the factories for iron ore manufacturing. At beginning of 19th century, Plasy was not taken not as town, nor as village, but as a part of a monastery only.
At the end of 19th century, the railway line was terminated, a saw-mill, brewery and mill were established. In 1902, Plasy proved to become a town, however, without success, school building was missing. At the beginning of 20th century the attempts repeated, again without success, in spite of the facts that Plasy was of town´s character – there were historical buildings as well as industrial enterprices here. Anyway, the construction of school building was approved in 1932 ,and terminated in 1934.
At present, the monastry buildings are under state, community and private owners administration. The number of inhabitants grew especially after Second World War, now, in a town there are living more than 2500 people.
Plasy is an important holiday, cultural as well as school centre of the area.
Text: Markéta Řandová
|Discussion at the article (0)|
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.