Konstantinovy Lázně - Czech republic
The community of Konstantinovy Lázně is placed in forest park, near to Slavkovský Forest in Pilsen region, in an altitude of 530 metres above sea level. Preserved notices from land-books mention the existence of sulphuric spring, just from the end of 16th century. In 1812, there was started a construction of the first healing building, and in next years, there occured quick development of balneology in general. At the beginning of 20th century, there were built new hotels, and also railway line, which connected the spa with the rest of the world. From original seven flowing springs of healing water, there are being used three sources for baths´ preparation as well as for drinking treatment. Mineral carbonic water, containing iron, sodium, (natrium), magnesia, calcium, chloride as well as potassium, comes from the depth of 40 metres. It is being used in the course of treatment of circulation or cardio-vascular diseases of movement organism. The visitors could use a stay in salt cave, the millieu of which is rich on minerals and trace elements, and bring pleasan sea microclimate. The surroundings of Konstantinovy Lázně is suitable for mushroom picking, cycling or foot-passenger tourist walks, along very well marked educational paths, leading you to historical or other places of interest.
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.