PROCEEDINGS DURING FIRST AID
- Orientation: find, what happened, think over and organise further steps of emergency actions, recklessly or dangerous actions and not desirable
- Safety: find if further danger does not threaten to rescuers or savers.
- Finding of saver´s state.
- Calling of special aid: phone-line 155 or 122 from mobil phone
- Continue in enliving or sicknursing of injured person...
You have to drill regularly the emergency as well as first aid !
FINDING OUT THE STATE OF RESCUED PERSON
- does the person react upon voice, touch or sting?
At consciousness: to find signs of possible injuries
attendance: of shock, undercooling (Hypothermia), serious injuries, to follow state of suffered person.
At state of unconsciousness: to free respiratory ways – to remove possible obstacles
(in case of suspicion of back-bone /spine/ injury do not bow the head )
Breathing control: to push the lower jaw in front
find, if the patient respires (by means of hearing, sight or touch)
Patient respires (breathes): - his position must be stabilized
regular control of pilse and respiration
nursing of shock, undercooling and serious injuries
Patient does not respire: (more than 1 rescuer: help-calling is absolutely necessary!)
immediately do two breaths from mouth to mouth!
Pulse control: by means of two fingers on neck to measure for 10 second at least (count loudly)
PULSE IS TO BE TANGIBLE: 1 minute of breathing from mouth to mouth
PULSE IS NOT TO BE TANGIBLE: 1 minute of resuscitation – i.e. breathing and heart massage
BREATHING FROM MOUTH TO MOUTH:
- open all respiration (breathing) ways ( push the lower jaw in front)
- block well the nose and mouth, use the mask
- respire regularly
- let a time for expiration , control movement of chest
- pulse control
(first 2x breath in – inhale – 1 breath takes 1-2 second approx.)
1 RESCUER 2 RESCUERS
15x breathes in heart massage (count) 15x chest compression 2 quick breathes in
(frequency of chest compression: 80-100/min.)
2x breath in - heart massage
not to be interrupted
rescuers change necessary
Continue in resuscitation up to the moment when the pulse will be found and respiration will function or up to a moment when doctor arrives !
Warning: copying of this material is expressly allowed and compiledc with use of ČLK (Czech Doctor Chamber), ČČK (Czech Red Cross), BRC, AHA, AWA.
- Do not walk alone !
- Do not overestimate your possibilities !
- Do not forget to wear warm dress!
- Do not underestimate bad weather !
PROCEEDINGS AT DROWNING RESCUE
- water rescue
- putting of suffered person to a safe place
- finding of state of victim and call of experted help
- first aid (resuscitation)
- transport to the hospital
Attention to possible spine injury – not to move a lot with a suffered person !
TWO ASSUMPTIONS OF SUCCESSFULL RESCUE
- Rescue organisation ( one manages and other work as a team):
- keep calm, prevent a panic
- nominate a rescue-leader
- exclude threaten rescuers as well as victim
- stipulate rescue stages – coordination of activities of all participants
- Practical knowledge of first aid (priorities):
- transition of respiratory ways
- breathing control
- pulse control
- call for special help
OUTDOOR PERSONAL MEDICINE-CHEST
- material: antiseptic napkins, disinfection, plasters, steril bandages, stick tie, three-cornered kerchief, elastic roller.
- medicines: analgeticuk against pain, antipyreticum for fewer dropping, antihistaminica against insect sting, local antibiotikum (Framykoin). means against diarrhoea.
- others: rubber gloves, cover for used material, scissors, writting accessories, lighter, safety pins, pincette, mask for artificial respiration. thermofolie for undercooling (Hypothermia).
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.