Žďár nad Sázavou
There is several important historical monuments here and also cyclist-paths (Posázavská, Santiniho). In town, there are taken place several musuc festivals.
First notice about small town Žďár is of 1293. Its history is connected with Order of Cisterciacs. In 1607 became Žďár, thanks to Cardinal Frank Dietrichstein, a town. Obtained new sign and privileges. In middle of 17th century the town was plundered by Swedens, in middle of 18th century became a seat of a Court. In 1949 the name of town changed: new name is Žďár nad Sázavou and it was united with a community Castle Žďár.
As to historical monuments: it is a shrine church of St.John of Nepomuk on Zelená hora (Green Hill). This fivepointed building was built by Architect John Blažej Santini in a Baroque-Gothic style. In 1994, the church was written into a Survey of Worlds´and Cultural Heritage UNESCO.
Town Hall placed on Republika Square was constructed in breakage of 16th and 17th century. Its actual face was obtained during a renovation in 18th century. Now, the space in town hall serves as representative rooms and exhibition hall.
Near to the square, the is places a parish church of St.Prokopius. mentioned in 1391. Close to this church, you find chapel of St.Barbara of 1729. On a square, there is situated a plague column and statue of St.John of Nepomuk of 18th century.
As to further monuments: there is, first of all, a former Cisterciac Monastery with a Church of Blessed Virgin Mary. It was destroyed several times, burned out, anyway, renewed again.
It was cancelled definitively in 1784 by Emperor Joseph II . Anyway, Dr.Radslav Kinský is an actual owner of a castle.
Text: Markéta Řandová
|Discussion at the article (0)|
Information and warnings on travelling abroad is to be found HERE.