River Litavka - Czech republic
The rivers sources in Brdy Hills in north direction of Rožmitál in an altitude of 765 m of sea level.
|Basic information about river|
The navigability of Litavka river depends of snow-thaw and heavy rains in Brdy area.
So, it is navigable within floods ponly. It can be judged according to water-index in Čenkov, where the minimum register is 35-45 cm according to the section- choice. The navigation is not difficult for experienced watermen but you have pay attention in front of weirs, which are perpendicular, high and mostly not passable. The lower flow is embanked and arranged, thanks to the construction of highway to Pilsen.
Litavka-river flows through forests to east and northeast, from příbram to the north and from Zdice to northeast up to Beroun, where mouths to Berounka from the right side. Its river basin makes of the surface not exceeding 629 km2. The river flows through inhabitated countryside among meadows and forests. The valley is open, near to Jince is a little narrow. The river-bed is gravelled with several rocky thresholds, wide from 6 to 12 m. Many weirs are not navigable and , owing to quick stream also dangerous. As to tributaries: there are Červený potok (Red Brook) and Chumava.
We do not find many camping places here, anyway the suitable accommodation you find in Příbram, Zdice or Beroun.
It is available in places like Příbram, Jince, Lochovice, Libomyšl, Zdice, Králův Dvůr and Beroun.
It is available in health centres in Příbram, Jince, Zdice and Beroun.
Places of interest:
- Příbram: former Archbishop´s castle of 14th century , Gothic deanery of 13th with a church, Town Hall in Baroque style, miner´s museum.
- Jince: a technical monument – blast-furnace Barbara of 1840, Baroque castle.
- Lochovice: Renaissance castle rebuilt in Baroque style with a park, Baroque church.
- Zdice: originally Gothic church, rebuilt in Baroque style.
- Beroun: Renaissance-Baroque castle.
- Králův Dvůr: historical town-centre – see Berounka.